Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Complutense University of Madrid.
He combines his pictorial work with the sculptural, in both cases there are mythological connotations that make the works are filled with double meanings and reinterpretations of scenes and objects. This fact is especially evident in his sculpture, where he uses a preconceived idea or an object associated with a meaning and turns it around. Mythology covered with irony. They are pieces usually of small format, molded in resin and polychrome, although there are also works executed in bronze.
On the canvas he tries to express the idea of the most direct possible way, his pictorial technique and the realism used are taken care of, generating simple and resounding compositions in which the emptiness acquires a meaning and in many cases carries the conceptual weight in a treatment of space who drinks directly from abstract painting. It is a symbolic figuration, with a series of resources that have been enriching its own iconography. The title of each one of the works suggests and reinforces the idea in many occasions, always leaving open the subjective interpretation of the spectator.
- 2019. Ansorena Gallery, Madrid. “Interior mythology”
- 2018. Bea Villamarín Gallery, Gijón. “War Feats”
- 2016. Bea Villamarín Gallery, Gijón. “My family and other animals”
- 2015. Perve Gallery, Lisbon
- 2015. Bea Villamarín Gallery. Gijón “Moment of Presentations”
- 2012. Van Dyck Art Room, Gijón. “Empty Fillings”
- 2012. Art Center Museum of Almeria, Almería. “Zoo”
- 2009. Alfama Gallery, Madrid
- 2009. Van Dyck Art Room, Gijón. “Zoo”
- 2008. Clave Gallery, Córdoba
- 2008. Orfila Gallery, Madrid. “Anima L”
- 2007. Campos Gallery, Zaragoza. “Bestiary”
- 2006. Van Dyck Art Room, Gijón. “Feelings”
- 2004. Asturian Center of Oviedo. “Animal Anthropology”
- 2004. Club de Campo de Torrelodones. “Bindings”
- 2002. House of Culture of the Town Hall of Torrelodones, “Animal Anthropology”
- 2000. Clock Tower, Noreña (Asturias)