One of the few things that I can say with 100% certainty is that I was born in Madrid in 1977. If I am asked when I started to paint or indeed why, well that’s something I can’t define so easily. I can say how and where, using pencils and crayons on every wall within reach, outside the house in Majadahonda, on the nursery walls and the pavements. The when is the most difficult, since creativity and the arts were always present and encouraged at home, my earliest memory is the sound of the my father’s typewriter. In his office there was a low table with four chairs, and there I would sit drawing with my brothers while my father would write.
I never faced any restrictions, only encouragement for my need to draw and paint. In fact when we moved to Gijón in 1985 I was put into a class…not because I wanted to but because my sister wanted to go and “useful” to have us at the same class. However I have never wanted to draw what other people would suggest. I liked to draw comic strips, short stories, not still-lives of bowls of fruit, nor charcoal sketches of plaster-of-paris figures….so I didn’t go much.
It wasn’t until I was 15 when I decided to learn more. I don’t know why but I felt I needed to learn more disciplines and techniques. In the studio of José María Ramos I learnt to express what I wanted via painting and drawing.
After two years in the workshop I realised that I wanted to not have anyone looking over my shoulder to correct and guide me through my faults, and needed to work alone and find my own ways.
I rented a room in an art studio – previously an apartment belonging to Nicanor Piñole, an important asturian artist – and in that attic I began my own path.
Currently I have my own studio where I continue to look for my own path, between my faults and truths.
- Abstracción de cromatismos musicales, Galería Cornión (Spain) 2004
- An artist Factory Draws, Galería Dasto, Oviedo (Spain) 2005
- An artist Factory, Sala Borrón, Oviedo (Spain) 2005
- Wall Notes, Galería Fruela, Madrid (Spain) 2006
- For free minds, Galería Cornión, Gijón (Spain) 2007
- Obra Reciente, Galería Marita Segovia, Madrid (Spain) 2008
- Open your mind, Galería Ármaga, León (Spain) 2008
- Obra reciente, Galería Miquel Alzueta, Girona (Spain) 2009
- Animals Hero, Galería Miquel Alzueta, Barcelona (Spain) 2009
- Sites.009, Galería Cornión, Gijón (Spain) 2009
- To be continued…, Galería Marita Segovia, Madrid (Spain) 2010
- Music Hall, Galería Ármaga, León (Spain) 2011
- Crónicas marcianas y otros asuntos domésticos, Galería Cornión, Gijón (Spain) 2012
- Alm Notes, Galería Miquel Alzueta, Barcelona (Spain) 2013
- Ahuacamulli, el paradigma del guacamole, Galería Ármaga, León (Spain) 2014
- Culinare Pantone, Galería Miquel Alzueta, Barcelona (Spain) 2014
- Mobile Ideas, Galería Cornión, Gijón (Spain) 2015
- Mobile Ideas 2.0, Galería Marita Segovia, Madrid (Spain) 2015
- Animal Heroes, Galería Miquel Alzueta, Barcelona (Spain) 2016